I have switched ISP providers several times and have several email accounts.
All of the data for these are saved on my hard drive. For some of them,
windows explorer does not show the .dbx files even though SEARCH finds them.
I need to access some of these old databases.

I tried importing some of them, but the outlook express import function
refuses to see the file for those areas where windows express won't list it.
I tried copying the file from search into another folder. Outlook express
would not recognize it there for import.

Any ideas?

In WindowsXP, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default marked as
hidden. To view these files in Explorer, you must enable Show Hidden Files
and Folders under Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View.